1. I bleed blue!! I L-O-V-E the Kentucky Basketball team!! I will be the first to admit that I cry every time they do the starting line up. Something about the lights going down and all the excitement over these college players. I grew up in a house that went to all of the games, sometimes traveled with the team and most dinner conversations revolved around "the cats". In fact, the first thing my Dad made me do when I got home on Tuesday was guess who the starting line up was going to be and look at a picture of old Kentucky players on the back of The Cats Pause and name the players. I partied in the streets when they won the national championship in 96 and 98, I rushed the floor when they won the Maui classic in the early 90's, and I even wear a black t-shirt that says UK2K(yes, a black t-shirt)...I love my cats!
|Rupp Arena...best place for college bball!|
2. People think that Kentucky Basketball fans are crazy. Our basketball team has the winningest record in all of college basketball, it's not hard to cheer for a team like that. What I think is crazy...Kentucky Football fans!! I love football games...I love to tailgate, I love when Kentucky comes back in the third quarter, I love the passion that the sold out crowd has when they think the Cats are going to beat a ranked team, and then I always see the Cats lose in the 4th quarter. It happens every time. But, we keep coming back for more. Kentucky Football fans think we can compete in the SEC...we can't and that's why I love the passion and dreams of all the fans! Last year when we lost to Tennessee in over time(for the 25th year in a row, no exaggeration) my Dad said to a friend, "hope it doesn't take 25 more to beat them". And all I wondered was if it took 25 more years, would he be around to see it?? That's a long time...
|Commonwealth Stadium...so fun, but so sad.|
3. Keeneland. L-O-V-E it!! October and April are so much fun in Keeneland. I love going to the races, drinking bourbon and betting on my favorite horse. It's a great place to see people and have a great time. Everyone needs to experience Keeneland, it's the best!
4. My entire family lives in Kentucky. I'm the only one that is gone. My Dad had prostate cancer this spring and although he is doing really well from his surgery, I wanted to be here and I couldn't because I was working in Michigan. My parents aren't getting any younger (they're not that old, just in their early 60's...really hope they don't read this, they would kill me!! :)) and I want to spend time with them and my sweet nephews!!
5. This state likes monograms. Indiana doesn't. I have two monogram machines and a monogram company. I need to be in a place that likes monograms!!
|some of my monograms!|
Here's a quote from my girl, Ashley Judd:
“Sure, girls from New York, they are tough. And girls from Georgia, they are sweet. But those born and bred feisty Kentucky girls, they are the ones you have to look out for. We have sugar and fire in our blood. We can ride a horse, be a débutante, throw a left hook and tell you the entire UK line up all while making sweet tea. And if we have an opinion, you get to know it. We're both the pride and the downfall of the bluegrass...”
She sums it up well, I love being a Kentucky Woman!!