Monday, September 27, 2010

It's Fall Ya'll...

I've heard that for the past couple of weeks people have had unseasonably warm temperatures and everyone is melting...that's not the case up here above the 45th parallel in Northern Michigan.  I've been freezing since labor day.  High's in the 50's and 60's and lows in 30's and 40's.  I'm cold and it's only going to get colder!! Not sure how long I'll last up here with these cool conditions.  So...fall is fully upon us and it is beautiful up here!  I wanted to share some pictures from my run today....
I don't think this view will get old until the lake freezes and I'm too cold to notice!!
this view does help when i feel like my knee cap is going to split in half and i have no feeling in my toes...but i keep running!

So, when it's raining and freezing out, what do we do??? We go to the farm to watch pig races!!  My friend Katie and her family were up for their last trip to the cottage for the season and we took the kids to the farm in the rain because the weather said it was SUPPOSE to be sunny!  The farm had great prices on pumpkins (which I didn't get one and I'm not sure why I didn't???).  And while we were there we were lucky enough to see a pig race...I didn't even know that pigs were fast until they took off, but they got side tracked and decided they wanted to stop and eat...they all eventually made it through the course and when they ran, they were running fast!
pigs are running!
Another fun thing to do on a rainy cold day is to have a blind wine taste.  We took three bottles of red wine and put them in brown paper bags.  We set them all out and we had to guess which was which.  We knew the name of the wine and the price.  Not one of us got it all right and for the most part everyone's favorite was the cheapest one...Menage Trois for $13.99/bottle was the winner!!  We were getting Katie and Sean ready for their trip to Napa...so jeal, they're going to have so much fun and MUST bring me back a bottle of vino :)!!
the blind wine tasting!
I hope you all are having a good Monday....I'm gonna leave you with the little picture from the farm:
i had to...
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment